The Sublette County Historic Preservation Commission nominated the Skyline Theatre to be recognized for their historic preservation efforts. In addition, a day to celebrate the Skyline Theatre is in the works for Saturday, May 18 to celebrate the restoration efforts and to continue to raise awareness and funds for this important preservation project.
In the 1930s the local spot to catch a film in Pinedale, Wyoming, was Wilson Hall. With 150 wooden benches and folding chairs, the building provided the basics for a theater. In September 1940 the new Skyline Theater opened at 14 North Franklin Street. An article in the Pinedale Roundup described the Skyline: “The beautiful interior is indirectly lighted from each side of the upper portion of each wall. Silhouettes depicting mountain scenery, winter sports, hunting and fishing and other recreational facilities adjacent to Pinedale, lend local color to the interior decorations. A raised floor and comfortable furniture makes theatre-going a pleasure. Acoustics are excellent, as the building was designed for sound equipment." 
The Skyline Theater was of a western vernacular style, with modest art deco elements. The original structure was constructed entirely of cinder block and cement. The Skyline Theater was continually operated as a theater until the 1980s, and it was used as a retail establishment until the early 2000s.
Today, the original facade, including the theater signage and stone veneer, has been removed and replaced with wood and stone siding materials. Exterior historic windows and doors have been covered up with contemporary siding material, but within the interior of the building, a few original doors from the can be found.