David Noyes, student at Hebard from 1953-1960: I attended Hebard Elementary from Kindergarten to 6th grade. I walked 3-blocks to and from school to home at 405 6th St. I was a crossing guard and was one of the boys designated to operate the film projector for educational movies in the gym. I was reprimanded for leaving the school grounds to buy candy 2 blocks east at a truck stop. During heavy snows we sledded down the hill at the south edge of the playground. Recess was a favorite period- lots of running and playing on the swings, merry-go-round, monkey bars, etc.
Hebard Elementary is listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
LIKE WHAT YOU JUST READ?
- Browse our archive of Historic Places and Spaces Profiles by clicking here.
- To learn about all of our campaigns and initiatives, click here.
- Subscribe to our newsletter to learn more about what's going on in Wyoming.
- Donate or become a member to help us produce stories, organize events, and be a voice for preservation across the state.
- Like us on Facebook, and follow us on Twitter and Instagram to see our latest updates!