The first library in Cheyenne was located in Central School in a relatively small room. As the town grew and its needs multiplied, a committee to build a new library was established in 1900, and two years later, Cheyenne had a Carnegie Library.
Evanston's Union Pacific Depot was built in 1900 thanks to the steady flow of passenger train traffic across Wyoming and the rest of the west.
While the Alliance for Historic Wyoming name will be kept, Tracks Across Wyoming's identity will live on as a new AHW preservation initiative that will feature a series of transportation-themed stories and other programs. Because Tracks served as the Wyoming chapter of the Lincoln Highway Association, the Alliance for Historic Wyoming will now take on that role.
Noted Wyoming architect William Dubois designed the building, and the library was dedicated on Independence Day in 1907, with 500 citizens attending the ceremonies.