By Cameron Weishoff
Wyoming Hall was completed in 1951 and is located on the Northeast side of the University of Wyoming campus. It was built during a time where many veterans from the Second World War began to influx the student population on the UW campus. The dormitory was also the proposed home to UW athletes throughout the 1950s, however, its distance from associated UW athletic facilities made it a less obvious choice. Later in 1959, it served as an overflow building after the construction of Hill and Crane Halls.
Though the former dormitory no longer houses students, it still serves an active role on the University of Wyoming campus with offices. It has also been home to the UW ROTC since the early 1980s.
University of Wyoming Prof. Phil Roberts